Wednesday, July 29, 2009

So it begins


I meant to start a blog for Violet when she was born. Hmmm. I'm only a year and a half behind. Thankfully I did at least keep a journal from the beginning, so at least I can refer to that for the earlier days. Since I don't have that journal with me, I'll have to start with more recent events.

Yesterday we had a family trip to Gurnee Mills - seems to be our default destination when we want to get out of the house but are not sure what to do. Rainforest Cafe for dinner, Violet's favorite for the fish tanks and other random distractions. She and I shared the Planet Earth Pasta, which she scarfed up faster than I could cut up.

Miss Violet has become very fond of the telephone, though she does not always want to talk. If there is a phone around she wants to hold it, and push buttons - possibly to attempt to order pizza or call long distance. Daddy often calls me at work and then hands her the phone, but our conversations usually consist of her saying "Mama!!" and then nothing, except maybe some pushing of buttons, and me asking her "What are you doing, honey? Are you watching Elmo? Are you having fun with Daddy?" My coworkers must think I'm a nutcase.

No comments:

Post a Comment