This past weekend was Violet's second Thanksgiving. She wasn't a newborn for her last one (9 months) but she still wasn't as independent last year. This year she got to run around with the bigger kids a little bit - at least until they ditched her to go play hockey in the basement. She's also really getting Christmas this year. She loves Christmas trees and snowmen. I got her a Frosty stuffed animal from Build a Bear (which I think may be her favorite store). I think she may have been traumatized by the guy stuffing Frosty, though. We were about three people back in line, so I let her hold on to the un-stuffed Frosty while we waited. When we finally got up to the guy that puts the stuffing in, I asked her to hand him over - which she did, no problem. But when she saw him put Frosty up to the big metal pole and start the stuffing machine she started screaming. I kept telling her "no, honey, he's not hurting Frosty!!" She calmed down a little once she got him back. Now he sleeps in her crib with her, along with Emma her teddy bear - also from Build a Bear. I think maybe their dolls just make really good pillows for her. As for the Christmas tree part, I can now distract her in the car telling her to look for Christmas trees. After we've passed some, though, she'll make the sign for 'more' and say "More Christmas trees!" which is too cute. Santa - well, we'll see. Last year she cried when she got her picture taken, but this year I've got her saying "Santa" and when I ask her what Santa says she'll say "ho, ho, ho!" She saw the mall Santa and looked interested enough in meeting him, but looking over the prices of the photo packages they were offering we decided it would have to wait for another day - highway robbery I tell you!!
Oh - and as for the title of the post - the other day we were in Target and her feet got a little ahead of her and she fell in the middle of the aisle. Even when she doesn't cry, I always ask her if she's o.k. when she falls - this time she answered "I'm fine" and went on her merry way. I cracked up laughing. She did it again at my parent's house the next day and my mom and I were in tears we were laughing so hard. It's good that she can answer that question, it was just totally unexpected because she usually doesn't answer me.
Monday, November 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment