It's been awhile since I posted anything new. Here are the latest updates -
Our trip to Disney World in Sept/Oct was a lot of fun. Violet had a blast. She loved meeting the characters - especially the Little Einsteins who she stalked at our character breakfast - and enjoyed the rides she could go on. She loved It's a Small World, so we rode that several times (and she will still sing along - or attempt to - when prompted). She did better on the plane than I expected. The flight out to FL was great, she slept most of the way. The flight home was a little touch and go. We had an early flight, which meant we had to be up super early to be at the airport. She slept a little on the plane, but when she woke up halfway through the flight it was hard to keep her entertained. She wanted to get up and move around. Thank goodness for short flights!!
As for recent updates, she is now learning to repeat pretty much anything you'll say to her. If she's looking at something and I tell her what it is, she'll usually at least try to say it back to me. She's got a really good memory, too. I'll tell her something once or twice and after that she'll remember what it is. She's learned most of her letters, numbers, colors and shapes. It's so much fun watching her learn. On the other end, the more she's learning to talk and how to communicate what she wants she's getting a little more pushy. Sometimes when I'm watching her I just let her play and do her own thing while I relax, but now she'll come over to me and say "momma play!" If she wants something, unless she's already really worked up about it and crying, she'll tell us what it is. We don't always understand what she's saying right away, but she tries!
I'm looking forward to how she'll enjoy Christmas this year. I think she'll have a lot of fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment