The grandparents (my mom & dad) took Violet and I to Kiddieland yesterday. In a word - CROWDED. This is the last season they will be open. So very sad, because as I walked around the park I realized just how much time I spent there as a kid. There were rides I had forgotten about, and I looked at them and thought "Violet will have so much fun on that when she's a little older!" Then had to stop and think - oh, this place will be gone when she's a little older :o(On the plus side, she did get to ride a few things. We rode the train that goes around the park, during which she was much more interested in the specks of dirt on the floor. We rode the merry go round - twice. The first time I think she was a little unsure, but the second time she had a blast! We also rode the flying elephants - again, more interested in what was on the floor than realizing we were up in the air. The roto whip I was a little unsure about, since as I was in line to ride I watched a woman and her little one who looked maybe a little younger than Violet riding and the kid burst into tears as soon as the thing started moving. We rode anyway, and as the other kids screamed Violet just smiled. Once we got off she let out one little scream, as if to taunt the other kids for being scared.
I hope we get to go one more time before the park closes for good. I know Daddy would like to go with next time. I also hope if we can manage to go on a weekday that we won't have to stand in line for a half an hour for each ride!
No comments:
Post a Comment